We assist immigrant survivors of domestic violence and other crimes as well as unaccompanied children in immigration matters. We also offer general immigration advice for low-income callers from our service area. We do some detention and removal defense work (deportation) as well as immigration bond hearings. Services in English and Spanish (interpretation for other languages).
We handle eviction defense and foreclosure prevention matters. Services range from counsel and advice to full representation through clinics, lawyer for the day tables, and more. In addition, we assist tenants facing termination of housing subsidies.
We handle a wide variety of public benefit matters affecting low-income people such as programs administered by:
- Social Security Administration: SSI, SSDI and Retirement Benefits
- Department of Transitional Assistance: TAFDC, SNAP (Formerly known as Food Stamps), EAEDC, Child Care
- Veterans Services: Cash, health and housing assistance
- Housing Authorities: Subsidized housing
- MassHealth: Medicaid
- Department of Housing and Community Development: Emergency Assistance Shelter Benefits
We have attorneys practicing Elder Law focused on the special legal needs of the elderly such as:
- Nursing Home rights
- Elder abuse and exploitation
- Eviction defense
victim of crime
of homicide victim
We help victims of crime and survivors of homicide victims with civil legal needs resulting from these crimes.